Banana Pancakes with Honey Yogurt and Berries
I was shopping my friend Kristan’s Pin Board a few weeks ago, for some fabulous recipes. She always has yummy things on her board and I needed more inspiration. As if 1,300+ pins isn’t enough on my boards. Anyways, I needed more gluten free options and I knew she would have some.
After pinning just about everything I could, I came across a recipe for banana pancakes. I was drawn to the word pancakes because – oh it’s my favorite breakfast food, but what was even more fantastic was it was gluten free! Another bonus!
Of course I had to put my own spin on this fantastic recipe, so that is what I have for you all today! Check it out!
Do you have any favorite breakfast recipes to share? If so, share yours in the comments!
Banana Pancakes with a Sweet Yogurt Sauce and Berries
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ tablespoon of butter or grapeseed oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey (brown rice syrup or maple syrup)
- 1 cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen, defrosted)
- Pre-heat a griddle pan on medium heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degees.
- Melt butter or heat oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together: eggs, half&half, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and bananas.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and honey, set to the side.
- Add ¼ cup of pancake mixture to griddle pan and cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Keep warm in the oven until all pancakes are completed.
- Assemble pancakes: place 1 pancake on plate top with a dollop of yogurt sauce and berries, top with another pancake and repeat. Garnish is mixed berries.
- Serve warm and enjoy
Sharing at Tasty Tuesday, The Better Mom, Chic and Crafty and Foodie Friends Friday.