Burlap Gift Wrap for Mother’s Day
I love wrapping gifts in a unique fashion, whether it’s a treat from the kitchen or a birthday gift, I enjoy making it special. There are tons a great idea’s on Pinterest that I gather inspiration from. You can find some ideas here on my board if you’d like.
But before you head over to Pinterest, today I’m sharing a picture frame I wrapped a couple of weeks ago for my parents 30th wedding anniversary gift.
Since burlap is one of my favorite textured fabric (and I had it on hand), I thought it would be great to wrap a gift with it. To add an elegant element to the gift, satin was my ribbon of choice and adorned it with a white silk flower.
Since Mother’s Day is right around the corner, I hope this inspires you to wrap a gift in a fun way. Enjoy.
What you need
- Burlap (Any color will work. The amount you will need depends on the size of your gift)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Tissue paper
- Fabric Scissors
- Satin ribbon (ribbon of choice)
- Embellishing flower (If you want to make one here is a tutorial here and here. I purchased this one from Pier 1)
- Gather supplies
- Wrap gift in tissue paper. Since the burlap is slightly transparent and you might see the gift, therefore, I wrapped my gift in tissue paper first. This step is optional.
- Wrap gift in burlap. Use pea size drops of hot glue to keep fabric together.
- Wrap ribbon around gift in your own fashion. Fix together with a pea size drop of hot glue. Double sided tape might work well on satin ribbon as an option also.
- Slip the flower underneath ribbon or fix flower ribbon with small amount of hot glue.
And there you go! A beautifully wrapped gift for Mother’s Day or any special occasion.
What fun creative ways do you like to wrap gifts?
Sharing today at Chic and Crafty , Tips and Tutorials and the Better Mom.