Carmel Apple Cupcake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
A few weeks back,we were invited to a very fun dinner party at our friend Anna’s house and I was in charge of making dessert. I absolutely love coming up with dessert recipes or cooking anything sweet. After finding my inspiration, I came up with this fun and delicious cupcake. Paired with some hot cider or hot chocolate this sweet treat would be perfect for a christmas party.
Caramel Apple Cupcake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Box of Caramel Apple Cake Mix (preferred Duncan Hines)
- ¼ cup Caramel Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2-3 apples, pealed and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter, room temperature
- 1-8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners
- Prepare cake mix as directed and bake cupcakes for time indicated on box.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter and add apples and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon to pan. Cook apples until they are soft (about 10 minutes), then remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Frosting: using a stand mixer cream together butter, cream cheese, cinnamon and vanilla. Then add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time until sugar is well incorporated.
- Once cupcakes and apples are cooled pipe frosting on to cupcake. Top with 2 to 3 slices of apples and drizzle with caramel.
- Serve and enjoy.
Make your own caramel sauce in lieu of caramel mix that come with cake mix.
I made my own caramel sauce which I highly recommend because it taste so good. Here is the recipe I used.
Any of you going to Christmas parties or hosting them? If so what are your favorite foods to make?