Dreamy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal
Last week we woke up to a blanket of snow. It was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed everything about playing in it, until our fingers and toes got cold.
But before we headed outdoors that cold morning, we started with a hot breakfast to warm us up! I typically make a baked oatmeal but I didn’t want to wait 45 minutes. Little buddy and I were hungry, so we marched up stairs to whip up some dreamy blueberry banana oatmeal.
Yes, I took this picture in the snow. I couldn’t pass up the backdrop. There is nothing like natural scenery to enhance the picture right?
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- Cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk or cream (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan on medium high heat, melt butter, add milk and bring to a boil.
- Add oats, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Decrease temperature to medium-low heat. Stir together for 3 to 5 minutes.
- After oatmeal is done, fold in blueberries.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowl, cover with sliced bananas, garnish with a dash of cinnamon, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk or cream over oatmeal for a creamy finish.
- Serve warm and enjoy
What is your favorite winter time breakfast?