More Salad Please – Simple Spicy Taco Salad
Lately I’ve been loving anything with a little heat. Not the kind of heat that says, “I can’t eat you because you are way to hot” but just the right heat that says “Flavor!” I came up with this tasty creation earlier this week and it was a hit in our house. And if it’s hubby approved, its approved for the blog. He’s a great taste tester and truly a huge helping in creating recipes with me. I believe it’s a recipe that will have you saying, “More salad please!
More Salad Please - Simple Spicy Taco Salad
Author: Simply My Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flake
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups salsa, divided
- ½ cup of crushed tortilla chips (optional)(I used: The Better Chip Brand Jalapeno Flavor)
- Red Leaf lettuce
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, cook ground beef and onion together.
- When ground beef is cooked through and the onions are translucent, add garlic, black beans, cayenne, red pepper flake, salt, pepper, peas ¼ cup salsa and cheese and warm through, then set to the side.
- Add a handful or two of each spinach and red leaf lettuce to plate.
- Top with ½ cup meat mixture, ¼ cup salsa and top with tortilla chips.
- May serve warm or cold.
Salad not your thing, no worries, this recipe is great as tacos or burritos.
What are your favorite things to top on your salad? Do you have any salad dressing combos you’d like to share? I’m all ears for ideas! Please share in the comments.
Sharing today at Foodie Friends, Real Food Wednesdays, The Better Mom and Tasty Tuesday.