Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Ice-Cream
A couple months ago my husband surprised me with an ice-cream maker. Ever since, we make ice-cream on a weekly basis around here. It’s becoming our new family Friday night tradition: homemade pizza followed by homemade ice-cream. Since my hubby is a HUGE fan of cheesecake, I’ve made a cheesecake ice-cream almost every week and change the flavor weekly depending on what we have on hand.
I’ve made blueberry cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake, apple caramel cheesecake and our newest favorite is peppermint bark cheesecake ice-cream. And after asking a few of you over on Facebook I thought you would all love an ice-cream recipe!
It’s so fun to make this recipe with kids too. My little guy loved dropping the chocolate into the ice-cream maker. Oh, and he had to taste test it half way through, just to make sure it had enough peppermint and chocolate. 😉
If you are looking for a fun holiday dessert, I think you’d like this one.
What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Ice-cream
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature cut into 1-inches pieces
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons (divided) of crushed peppermint candy canes
- Using a food processor mix: cream cheese, sugar, salt, cream, milk peppermint extract and sour cream, pulsate until mixture resembles cottage cheese in appearance.*
- Place into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.*
- Once mixture is cold, turn on ice-cream maker and pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl.
- Minutes before the ice-cream is done, pour in chocolate and 2 tablespoons of peppermint candy.
- The ice-cream will have a thickened creamy texture when it is done (roughly 15 to 20 minutes.)
- Serve immediately or place in a freezer container and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- This recipe makes 8 half cup servings. Sprinkle each serving with 1 to 2 teaspoons of crushed peppermint candy.
* Use a stand or hand mixer in place of food processor.
*If you would like your ice-cream sooner, place bowl in freezer (instead of refrigerator) for 30 minutes and then make ice-cream.
*For this recipe, avoid substituting cream, whole milk or whole milk yogurt. The result will be a liquid ice-cream.http://astore.amazon.com/simmykit-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=5Alright friends, what's your favorite ice-cream flavor?
If you do not already have an ice-cream maker we have and love this one, click here.