Making peppermint bark has been a lot of fun to make this Christmas season. I recently came up with a smaller version of the original recipe that I made earlier this month. Today I want to share it with you, it’s really easy!
What homemade gifts have you made this Christmas season?
- ¾ cup milk chocolate
- ¾ cup white chocolate
- 6 cupcake liners (paper or silicone)
- 4 tablespoons of crushed peppermint candy
- Line a muffin pan with 6 cupcake liners
- Using a double boiler melt the milk chocolate
- Once, melted add 1 heaping teaspoon to each liner. Smooth out any lumps and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Next, melt the white chocolate using the same above method.
- Add 2 tablespoons of crushed peppermint to white chocolate.
- Top the milk chocolate with 1 heaping teaspoon of white chocolate and peppermint to each liner.
- Sprinkle with remaining peppermint and return to refrigerator to harden.
- After 20 minutes, if able remove cupcake liner and enjoy!
Optional: use microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds until melted. Usually two 30 second interval should give you the desired consistency. When melting white chocolate be careful not to over warm it in the microwave it will not turn to the right consistency if over warmed.