Preparing Our Heart and Home for Christmas – Lets Decorate!
To finish the the Make your Home a Haven Challenge from Women Living Well, today is the fourth and final challenge from Courtney. Here is how she encourages us today!
Decorate! The holidays are upon us. Ann Voskamp says “Creating is good theology. In the beginning God created.” Be creative as you make your home warm, cozy and inviting for the holidays. Think about ways you can keep Christ in Christmas even in the way you decorate. Decorate – to the glory of God!
This past weekend we spent some quality family time together. We watched Christmas movies and started decorating for Christmas. It was a lot fun. This week we will continue to decorate the tree with ornaments and start the Advent season. Our devotional at the breakfast table will be the The Advent Jesse Tree and some family activities will be from Good Morning Girls.
Are you ready to get started this week? Here is today’s verse and task! I hope you have a lot of fun decorating this week!
Today’s Bible Verse: “I am the Lord’s servant.” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. Luke 1:38
- Continue lighting a candle and pray for your family.
- Continue playing music in your home for this Christmas season.
- Cook up something special with your children or family member today. Remember to take a picture to capture the sweet moment!
- Decorate one area of your home today and think about one way you can keep Christ in Christmas in the way you decorate.
Here are a couple ways you can decorate that incorporate Jesus:
- Have a candle lit that represents Jesus’ light in our lives.
- Have the candle by a mirror that would show how Jesus’ light reflects to those around us.
- Have a nativity set up.
- Wrap three boxes that represent the gifts Jesus received: gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Place them around the fire place, on the mantle or under the tree.
- Have a bible set out and open it to the Christmas story starting in Luke chapter 1.
Have you started decorating for Christmas? What is one way you can keep Christ the center of our homes during this busy season?
I’d love to hear your Christmas decor ideas! Please share with me in the comments!