Preparing Our Heart and Home for the Holiday’s – Thanksgiving Menu
Thank you for joining this months series, “Preparing Our Heart and Home for the Holidays.” To prepare in advance for the an enjoyable holiday, join me each morning (Monday-Friday) as we cover at least one task that we want to accomplish. Start any time and share your progress in the comments!
I’m so excited that Thanksgiving is 8 days away. I can’t wait. Today I’m doing a “test run” of the turkey since it’s my first cooking a turkey. Last night, I did brine the turkey and later this morning it is going in the oven. I’ll share later on Facebook how it turned out.
Are you ready for today’s task, here it is, as well as our Thanksgiving menu. (I’m not making everything, I have a few friends who are helping as well!)
Today’s Bible Verse:
Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the people. Psalm 105:1
- Continue lighting your candle in your home and playing music
- At your most convenient time today, review your to do list. Is there anything pressing that needs to get done do that today.
- If you are hosting, finalize your menu for next weeks meal. Print off recipes and mark pages in your cook book. Lastly, print off your grocery list and fill in over the next few days items needed.
- If you are not hosting, check in with your host today (if you have not already done so) and see if they need anything.
Our Thanksgiving Menu
- Spinach Dip in an Artisan Bread Bowl
- Veggie Platter – Broccoli, Carrots, Green Pepper and Cucumber
- Meatballs (Costco)
- Egg Nog
- Wine – Red and White
- Apple Cider
- Pumpkin Pie
- Homemade Ice cream
What do you have planned for your Thanksgiving meal? Your comments make my day, so please share!
If you are just joining us, here are the previous posts in this series:
Sharing today at Menu Plan Monday.