Preparing Our Heart and Home for the Holidays – November Calendar
While at a friends house a few weeks back, I flipped through a Martha Stewart magazine my friend had. In the front of the magazine Martha her monthly schedule all planned out for November. I thought, “Thats a great idea! Share with everyone your monthly schedule.” After discussing it with my friend Deanna, I knew I had to incorporate it in to this month’s series. Planning is essential for meeting our goals. As we discussed yesterday, I challenged you all to write down some of your goals for this holiday season. Today we are going to tackle the task of planning our month.
Why is planning important.
I believe that planning ahead is very important. For me, I’m able to think more clearly, have a direction and purpose to finish tasks. I love the verse in Proverbs 31:27 that says, ” She watches over her household and she doesn’t eat the bread of idleness.”
Think about it, what if we planned one to two simple tasks each day, instead of waiting till the last minute? Would we enjoy our time with our family more? What if we took just 15 to 30 minutes plan our month? Would we have a direction that prepared us for the days ahead? I think we could accomplish all of this. Just like the Proverbs 31 woman did; she watched over her house and she planned what her family needed (Proverbs 31:21,27). Added bonus, she enjoyed it too (Proverbs 31:25).
- At your most convenient time today take on this challenge. Allow yourself at least 15 to 30 minutes to plan your month.
- Review your goals from yesterday.
- Is there anything you’ve want to delete off the list before moving forward? If so, do that now.
- Next, open a google calendar, iPhone calendar or some sort of calendar. And now it’s time to plan your month. Keeping your goals in mind, figure out which days you can do 1 to 2 small tasks.
- On days you work or have other commitments plan lighter tasks that day.
I’ll be sharing a little bit more about theses resources tomorrow and our next task will be to create a holiday notebook. I hope you’ll join me!
Okay, its your turn. How do you plan your month in advance, especially this time of year? What helps you stay focused on priorities and enjoying your family durning the holiday season.