Lunch Box Freezer Cooking – Pumpkin Muffins
This week I’m continuing along with Money Saving Mom’s Lunch Box Freezer Cooking series. I invite you to check it out! And although I will not be posting every day, I will share what I do accomplish from this series!
Sunday I was able to make the pumpkin muffins Crystal shared last week. This recipe was unbelievably easy!
Here is how my freezer cooking session went.
I Pre-heated the oven and got out the ingredients: white cake, canned pumpkin, chocolate chips, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
Everyone jumped into a medium size bowl and then hopped on over to the muffin pan.
20 minutes later they landed on the counter. There were 18 of these little bites but we had a few casualties. No, they didn’t land on the floor – they went from the oven to the belly! 😉 I’m not sure if they will make it to the freezer!
This super simple recipe will have you making them as long as you have cake mix and canned pumpkin in the house! These sweet bites welcome fall and having me running to the kitchen right now for one!
Have you made any freezer meals lately. If so, what have you made?
Lunch Box Freezer Cooking - Pumpkin Muffins
Author: Adapted from Money Saving Mom
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix
- 1-15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients.
- Once well incorporated, fold in chocolate chips.
- Line muffin pan.
- Fill each muffin liner ¾ full.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick when placed in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Freezer Storage: Let muffins cool completely and then place in a freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and then place in the freezer. Store in freezer up to 4 weeks.
- Serve from the freezer: Defrost over night in refrigerator or on counter for up to 2 hours. Place in microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Be sure to join Crystal at Money Saving Mom for this great series!
More from this series: