Spring Cleaning 2 Week Challenge – Day 6
Good Morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! Are you ready to start week 2? If you are just joining in feel free to start from day 1 or start with today’s challenge.
Today’s challenge is to clean out the cabinet where your pots, pans, baking dishes and baking sheets live.
- Start your spring cleaning at the time you planned on completing today’s challenge.
- Set your kitchen timer to the amount of time you want to spend cleaning and organizing.
- Clear off one counter or kitchen island so there is nothing on it.
- Take everything out of the cabinet(s) and place them on to your cleared off surface. Put them into categories: pots, pans, baking sheets, ect.
- Wipe down the shelving and cabinet door with cleaner.
- Sort through each item and determine if it should go in the trash, garage sale box or to another location.
- Keep like items with like items. As you come along each item that doesn’t belong in the cabinet, place that item where you want it to live. Resist cleaning or organizing that area for now, we’ll get to it later!
- Make a miscellaneous cabinet. Place all items you are not sure where to put them and place in this cabinet. We will tackle that cabinet this week!
- Let your space determine how much you can have in one area.
- Aim to purge at least 5 items either to the trash or garage sale box.
- If there is something you notice you need, add it to the list we started last Monday.
All right, here is today’s challenge! Join me tomorrow for day 7!
You can start your spring cleaning 2 week challenge and time! Here are the previous posts: