Spring Cleaning 2 Week Challenge – Day 1
Yesterday, I asked you to join me in a Spring Cleaning 2 Week Challenge.
Today’s challange is to clean under the sink.
Today’s tips for cleaning under the sink:
- Start your spring cleaning at the time you planned on completing today’s challenge.
- Set your kitchen timer to the amount of time you want to spend cleaning and organizing.
- Take everything out of the cabinet.
- Wipe down the shelving and cabinet door with cleaner.
- Sort through each item and determine if it should go in the trash, garage sale box or to another location.
- Keep like items with like items. As you come along each item that doesn’t belong under the sink, place that item where you want it to live. Resist cleaning or organizing that area for now, we’ll get to it later!
- Only keep what you use daily or weekly! If you have a ton of stuff under the sink that you haven’t used in years, consider tossing it out or donating them. Last time I was in Habitat for Humanity Re-Store I noticed they take donated household cleaning products. (Just contact them first to make sure that specific Re-Store in your area takes donated products.)
- Try to get rid of at least 3 to 5 things today.
Remember if you work full time, have really young ones at home, or life is just busy I encourage you to find a specific time that will work the best for you and your family. This task of spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a daunting one. Make it fun. Put on your favorite music and if you have toddlers or preschoolers find some way they can help. If you’ve worked all day, don’t feel that you have to come home an clean, but maybe plan it for the weekend or 15 minutes in the evening after dinner. Do what works best for you and your season in life!
Alright, ready set go! Enjoy your day and don’t work too hard cleaning under the sink!
I’ll be back tomorrow with the challenge for Day 2.
What are some tips you can share about organizing?