Whole Wheat Blueberry Bread
This is the recipe from my 4th of July breakfast gift. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Do you have a favorite bread item you like to have for breakfast? What is your favorite ?
Recipe type: Quick Bread
- 1½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp grated lemon peal
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with parchment paper (or grease and flour a loaf pan).
- In a medium bowl, combine: flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine: eggs, sugar, milk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and incorporate well until batter is moist.
- Fold lemon peal and blueberries into batter.
- Pour bread batter into to bread pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when placed into the center of the bread.
- Let cool on a baking rack and store once cooled.
- Serve at room temperature or warm in the microwave for 10 seconds.
*For more tasty recipes check out Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.